Austin Aries Signing With WWE Soon?

Well-traveled veteran Austin Aries appears to be WWE bound as he was in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, this week, likely undergoing the required medical testing before signing with the company, according to PWInsider.

Last month, there was a report that Aries was backstage at an NXT Television taping. To supplement that report, a fan outside of the venue snapped a picture of Aries signing autographs for fans before he entered the building. You can view that picture at this link.

Aries, 37, has been a prominent fixture on TNA television since 2011 when he returned to the company. Prior to that return, Aries was thought to be leaving the industry to pursue "other career options outside of wrestling," per PWTorch.

Since then, Aries won his first TNA World Heavyweight Championship in 2012, In addition to TNA's biggest prize, Aries also held the X-Division Championship six times, the World Tag Team Championship once (with Bobby Roode), and is the company's fifth Triple Crown Champion.

Aside from his most recent stint with TNA, Aries is also one of the biggest names to ever come out of Ring of Honor (ROH), where he's a two-time World Champion and one-time Tag Team Champion (with Roderick Strong). After leaving TNA in late June last year, Aries returned to ROH and worked a few dates for the company.

Aries told The Mark Out last year that he'd like to focus on helping the future of the industry. While he was mostly non-committal about own future at the time -- including a potential run with WWE -- Aries' status as a 15+ year veteran is something he'd like to pass on to others.

"I love this industry and I'd love to pass on what I've learned, myself and from others to guys who have passion for it like I do. I'm known to be outspoken, but a lot of that comes from having a lot of passion for what I do. I enjoy the other side of the curtain, so to speak. I enjoy what goes on outside of the ring as much as I do inside the ring. As I get over a decade now, coming on 15 years of my career this year, that’s definitely an area I want to start focusing on more and more."

With the Royal Rumble this Sunday, it'll be interesting to see if Aries could be a potential surprise entrant into the match. However, if he passes all the required tests, the "Greatest Man That Ever Lived" is likely headed for NXT to start his career in WWE.


Mark Suleymanov

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram